Terms & Conditions
Parties Defined. The Illinois Divorce Digest, Inc. (hereafter “Digest”) an Illinois Corporation, provides an online database of trial court decisions and individual profiles (hereafter “content”). This content can be accessed via the internet at www.illinoisdivorcedigest.com (hereafter “website”). The website constitutes a service provided by the Digest. Individuals seeking access to the Digest’s site and content (hereafter the “subscribers”) must read and agree to the following terms and conditions (hereafter “terms”) before subscribing to, or otherwise accessing the Illinois Divorce Digest.
I. Content of the Digest
1) Not Legal Advice. Content is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed, nor is anything submitted to this site is treated as confidential.
2) No Warranties. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the content is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of the content on this site or materials linked from this site is at your own risk. The Digest does not represent or warrant that this site or the content will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected or that it will always be accessible. The Digest does not warrant or represent that the site’s content is correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. The Digest may make improvements and/or changes to its functionality or content at any time. The Digest reserves the right to remove any content for any reason.
3) Content Protected. Subscriber agrees that the content and site are protected by copyrights and trademarks, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly provided in these terms, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring on subscriber or any third party any license or right with respect to these proprietary rights.
II. Fees and Account
1) Creation of Account and Registration. Certain sections of this site require you to register, and to pay a subscription fee. Payment for a subscription to the Illinois Divorce Digest shall be made by credit card payment, or by mailing a check, payable to “Illinois Divorce Digest, Inc.”, mailed to:
Illinois Divorce Digest, Inc.
P.O. Box 642303
Chicago, Illinois 60664-2303
Subscriber must create an individual account, including the name used to sign-up for the account, log-in information a valid email address. Subscriber agrees to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is subscriber’s responsibility to inform the Digest of any changes to that information. Each subscription is for a single individual only. The Digest does not permit anyone other than the individual who registers and pays for the subscription to use the sections requiring a subscription by using any other individual’s name or password. Likewise, the Digest does not permit multiple subscriptions access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network or otherwise. The subscriber is responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. Should a subscriber believe there has been unauthorized use, these terms require prompt notification directed to the Digest team.
2) Subscription Fee. The subscription fee to gain access to the Illinois Divorce Digest online publication is an annual fee of $250.00. Once paid, the customer will be granted access to the site’s content for 365 days.
3) Subscriber Responsible for Fees. The subscriber is responsible for paying subscription fees according to the billing terms.
4) Refund Policy. Subscription fees are non-refundable.
5) Authorization of Charges. Member authorizes the Illinois Divorce Digest, Inc. to charge members credit card to pay for the cost of membership.
6) Termination of Subscription. Subscription to the Illinois Divorce Digest may be terminated at any time by either the Illinois Divorce Digest team or the subscriber upon notification by e-mail. When termination is requested by either the subscriber or the Illinois Divorce Digest, fees are not refunded. Subscribers are responsible for charges incurred.
1) Limited License. As a subscriber to the site, you are granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to access and use this site and the content in accordance with these terms. The Digest may terminate this license at any time for any reason.
2) Limitations on Use. The Content on this site is for your personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. Notwithstanding the foregoing and to the extent this site provides electronic commerce, such buying opportunities may be made available for group as well as personal purchasing, so long as you are authorized to make purchases on behalf of such group. You may not use the content to determine a consumer's eligibility for: (a) credit or insurance for personal, family, or household purposes; (b) employment; or (c) a government license or benefit. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from this site or its content. Nor may you use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy our site or the content without the Digest’s prior written permission. You may not use this site to transmit any false, misleading, fraudulent or illegal communications. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of this site or its content, except to the extent permitted above. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export this site or any portion thereof, or the content in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America. Any unauthorized use of this site or its content is prohibited.
3) Email Notifications. It is the sole responsibility of the member to insure that all email from the Divorce Digest can be received by their email supplier. Email suppliers may prevent subscription confirmation and cancellation confirmation email from being delivered. Your filter settings must allow you to receive this necessary information. It is the responsibility of the member to notify the Illinois Divorce Digest team if their email address has changed.
4) Third Party Communications. Provider disclaims all liability for any Third Party Communications you may receive or any actions you may take or refrain from taking as a result of any Third Party Communications. You are solely responsible for assessing and verifying the identity and trustworthiness of the source and content of any Third Party Communications. Provider assumes no responsibility for verifying, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, the identity or trustworthiness of the source or content of any Third Party Communications. As used herein, "Third Party Communications" means any communications directed to you from any third party directly or indirectly in connection with this site.
5) License on submissions. Subscriber grants to the Digest an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, authorize use of and have used on its behalf any ideas, expression of ideas, text, graphics, messages, links, data, information and other materials you submit to the Digest. Further, Subscriber acknowledges and agree that any such submission to this the Digest does not create any new or alter any existing relationship between you and the Digest. In providing submissions to the Digest, subscriber acknowledges and agrees that the Digest may create on its own ideas that may be similar or identical to subscriber’s submissions. Subscriber agrees that there shall be no recourse against the Digest for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary or other right in the submissions you provide to Digest.
6) Advertisers. This site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. The Digest will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in advertisers' or sponsors' materials or for the acts or omissions of advertisers and sponsors.
1) Indemnification. Subscriber agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Illinois Divorce Digest, Inc., its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to this site harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms by subscriber or arising from or related to any content.
2) Governing Law and Jurisdiction. The terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois and any action arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in state or federal courts located in Illinois and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such action.
4) Severability. If any provision of this agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.
V. DISCLAIMER. This site and its content is provided on an "As is, as available" basis. The Digest expressly disclaims all warranties, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The disclaims all responsibility for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind, resulting from, arising from or any way related to:
1) Any errors or omissions from the site and its content;
2) Third party communications;
3) Any third party websites accessed the content of this site;
4) The unavailability of this site and/or content
5) Subscriber’s use of this site and its content
6) Subscriber’s use of any equipment or software in connection with this site and content.
VI. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Digest shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting from the subscriber’s use of this website or its content. The Digest shall not be liable for any facts or opinions appearing in its content, and shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any kind, in any way, resulting from, or arising in connection with the use of or inability to use this site or access its content, or any third party communications. To the extent the foregoing limitation.